MUSC 261 - Jazz Workshop
Small group rehearsal and performance of instrumental jazz music. Students will be placed into groups according to instrumentation and level of playing ability. Individuals may choose to focus on specific areas of interest (was MUSIC 261). Prerequisite: Intermediate to advanced level of playing ability on performance instrument.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform traditional and contemporary jazz styles appropriately. [COMMUNICATE]
- Memorize advanced jazz repertoire. [REASON]
- Play with rhythmic and dynamic sensitivity to the other members of the band. [REASON]
- Demonstrate advanced approach to jazz articulation and phrasing. [COMMUNICATE]
- Improvise at an advanced level within given modes and chords. [REASON]
*Continuing students will progress to reinforce the objectives.
Add to Personal Catalog (opens a new window)