SPAN& 121 - Spanish I
Introduction to spoken Spanish. Elementary conversation, pronunciation, reading, composition and culture (was SPAN 101). Concurrent enrollment in SPAN 100 is required.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will able to:
- Comprehend content communicated orally to them in the target language. [COMMUNICATE]
- Communicate basic messages, thoughts, opinions and points of view with clarity in the target language. [COMMUNICATE]
- Read for comprehension and make use of analytical skills and critical thinking. [REASON]
- Demonstrate understanding of vocabulary, grammar structures by writing short essays in target language. [COMMUNICATE]
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the literature, traditions, institutions and geography of the target language and culture. [ACT]
- Compare and contrast to your own culture. [EXPLORE]
*Students enrolled in Spanish 121 will complete the above objectives at an introductory level.
Add to Personal Catalog (opens a new window)