Jul 01, 2022
2012-2013 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Construction Industry Training - Certificate
PGM Code – 759C
Program Description This Construction Industry Training Certificate is designed to prepare individuals for entry level construction or pre-apprenticeship jobs. Courses include fundamental construction industry basics taught in a hands-on environment by professionals from the construction industry.
Credit/Grade Requirements This Certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 25 credits as outlined. A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds Community College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
High School Transition Program Students (Tech Prep, College in the High School, and Running Start) It is recommended that high school students who have earned college credit through dual credit programs meet with a college adviser.
Students Are Advised To
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year,
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning, and
- Communicate with a faculty adviser.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted to Enrollment Services by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Forms are available online or at Enrollment Services located in Lynnwood Hall. Note applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
College Website | www.edcc.edu
How to Enroll | www.edcc.edu/es
Transfer Center | www.edcc.edu/transfer
College Bookstore | www.edcc.edu/bookstore
Advising Appointments | 425.640.1458
The adviser for this program is
Randy Sibley | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1827
Construction Industry Training | www.edcc.edu/cit
Gainful employment information is available for this program.
|This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic adviser. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds Community College certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
I. Program Requirements (25 credits)
Career Management (2 credits)
Program Requirements Learning Outcomes
|Upon completion of the Program Requirements for this degree, students will be able to:
- Describe how personal, ethical, aesthetic, professional, scientific, and common green-building values inform the typical residential building process, materials and trades.
- Describe and analyze skills and knowledge that can be used in the construction trades to promote the responsible stewardship and sustainability of communities.
- Communicate and collaborate with teams to promote work-site safety and describe all of the common safety elements of an APP according to DOSH (Division of Occupational Safety and Health).
- Demonstrate effective workforce skills, including researching, analyzing, and describing job-site conditions, safety issues, tools, materials, supplies, procedures and payment methods for common construction trades.
- Demonstrate basic construction-worker skills and knowledge, including using analysis, observation, and trial and error to measure, cut, prepare layouts, read blueprint, and work effectively in teams.
- Use appropriate tools, techniques, and technology to solve problems and to safely and correctly operate and maintain most common construction tools.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge needed to obtain jobs and/or further training.
- Career Management: Demonstrate the ability to research employment opportunities, prepare an effective employment package, and present oneself positively in a job interview.
II. Proficiency Requirement
Adviser’s Signature and Date
Dean’s Signature and Date
Eff: summer 2012 | Rev: 06/12