Apr 17, 2021
Program Description The Project Management Certificate is designed to give experienced students a strong competency in project management that they may apply to both employee and management-level positions in almost any field. Project management is a skill set that is in high demand. Students learn to manage short-term projects, including planning, building, and working with teams; creating schedules; allocating resources and budgets; and monitoring and troubleshooting problems and changes. Building these skills through this certificate will increase students’ qualification to enter or advance into management roles in business, and a variety of specialty fields. This certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 28 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (28 credits)
- Initiate a project and manage it to successful completion.
- Demonstrate ability to lead project teams and be a productive team member.
- Create project documentation.
- Use project management tools, including software, to initiate, plan, monitor and control, and close projects.
- Apply multiple perspectives when examining cultural differences and interacting in multicultural settings.
The program code for this certificate is 292D. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- PMI, PMP, and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The certificate requires students to work with a Business Management advisor to select those courses which will help students achieve their educational and career goals. Courses from this certificate may apply to one of the Business Management Department’s associate of technical arts degrees. Many courses are available online.
PMI Certificate holders can use class hours in MGMT 165, 270, and 271 as professional development units (PDUs) to maintain their credential.
The advisors for this program are:
Claudia Levi | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1388
Ann Paulson | email@example.com | 425.640.1613
Marie Tran | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1637
Business Management | edcc.edu/mgmt
PM Certificate website:
Project Management | edcc.edu/pm
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
EPC - 292D
TC - 28
CIP - 520211
Last revised - 2020/03/20