Apr 12, 2021
Program Description The Event Planning Department has designed this online certificate program to increase student qualifications to enter or advance in positions in the convention, conference, meeting, and event planning industries. Successful event planning requires a unique combination of skills and knowledge, including skills in management, accounting and finance, marketing, and communication. Students in this program will learn about facilities, contracts, and related areas of convention, conference, and meeting planning. All program requirements are online. This Certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 43 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (minimum 43 credits)
- Develop requests for proposals (RFPs), utilize market research and budget analysis, and analyze assessment of risks through the use of critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Effectively solve problems or make recommendations using quantitative and qualitative reasoning.
- Effectively manage projects and events demonstrating time management and organizational skills.
- Apply the skills and abilities required to successfully plan, design, and produce an event.
The program code for this certificate is 276C. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- The students who will be the most successful in this program will bring with them basic business skills and work experience. If students need to strengthen skills, they are encouraged to take additional courses listed under Electives. Students should meet with a program advisor to plan the course schedule that best meets their needs.
- Students are required a minimum grade of 2.5 in all event planning and hospitality classes.
- Courses approved for transfer from other academic institutions must have a minimum grade equivalent of 2.5.
The advisors for this program are:
Beth O’Donnell | email@example.com | 425.640.1208
Linda Russell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1137
Event Planning | www.edcc.edu/evpl
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
EPC - 276C
TC - 43
CIP - 520907
Last revised - 2020/02/25