Apr 12, 2021
Program Description The Home Health Aide Certificate of Completion prepares the participant to provide home health services under the direction of appropriate medical personnel. This certificate of completion requires successful completion of a minimum of 5 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (5 credits)
- Function as a member of the health care team to provide basic patient care.
- Perform duties safely and effectively within their scope of practice as a Home Health Aide.
The program code for this certificate is 339B. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- Students with limited computer skills are encouraged to consider taking BSTEC 129 - PC Basics.
- Participation in externship classes requires documentation of immunization, TB, current CPR certification and criminal background status prior to registering for those classes. Students are advised that clinical placement may be denied by clinical facility if immunization records and CPR are not current and/or if there is a criminal history that the facility considers unacceptable.
The advisors for this program are:
Erika Ferreri | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1924
Elizabeth Patterson | email@example.com | 425.640.1061
Brent Leithauser | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1369
Terri Glazewski | email@example.com | 425.640.1691
Allied Health Education | edcc.edu/ahe
Certificate of Completion General Information
This certificate of completion (COC) is awarded upon completion of the required number of courses. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or S grades in all college level courses in order to earn this COC. Certain certificates may require a higher cumulative grade point average as dictated by industry standards. All credits for this COC must be earned at Edmonds College.
Certificates of completion (COCs) are not eligible for financial aid; however, some COCs may be eligible for veteran’s benefits. If you are interested in this COC, please talk to your faculty advisor or an academic advisor in student services.
Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
EPC - 339B
TC - 5
CIP - 512602
Last revised - 2020/03/30