Apr 12, 2021
Program Description The Nursery Growers Certificate is designed to provide students with a basic understanding and vocational training in those subjects and skills relevant to the growing and production of greenhouse and nursery crops. Upon graduation, students may seek to assist growers and managers in greenhouses or nurseries as part of a plant production team. This certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 43 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (43 credits)
- Be able to identify common trees, shrubs, and groundcovers for Pacific Northwest landscapes and their cultural requirements.
- Describe, demonstrate, and combine basic theories, concepts, and the terminology of plant science with sustainable nursery and greenhouse practices to produce greenhouse and nursery plants.
- Be able to successfully identify and practice the safe, efficient, and sustainable use of nursery and greenhouse tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Successfully complete a four-credit nursery and/or greenhouse internship.
The program code for this certificate is 135F. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- Previously Earned Credit To transfer horticulture or other college credits, students must request an evaluation of their college transcripts through the Enrollment Services office. This should be done during your first quarter at Edmonds CC. Students wishing to seek a waiver of credit requirements should obtain a Petition of Waiver Form from the Enrollment Services office. Other curriculum modifications based on work or other special experiences should be discussed with your Horticulture advisor.
The advisor for this program is:
Lorraine Brooks | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1454
Horticulture | edcc.edu/hort
*Program Requirements Note: HORT 291 should be scheduled during the final quarter of the program.
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
EPC - 135F
TC - 43
CIP - 010601
Last revised - 2020/03/24