Communication Skills (10 credits)
OUTCOME: Communicate and interact effectively through a variety of methods appropriate to audience, context, purpose, and field/discipline.
Human Relations Skills (5 credits)
OUTCOME: Act responsibly in applying professional and academic standards associated with success in educational, workplace, community, and group settings.
Quantitative Analysis/Symbolic Reasoning Skills (5 credits)
OUTCOME: Reason clearly using academic or professional modes of inquiry; using quantitative or symbolic reasoning; and/or using other discipline/field specific methods to explore and create ideas; identify information needs; process, evaluate, and use information; and recognize, analyze, and solve problems.
Cultural Diversity Skills
OUTCOME: Explore and apply multiple perspectives in order to examine cultural differences and influences; maintain effective professional/working relationships; and/or interact effectively in multicultural settings.
Cultural Diversity Course List
____Cultural Diversity Requirement met
Career and College Success (3 credits)
OUTCOME: Develop professional and academic skills and strategies for career and college success.
____Career and College Success Requirement met
Note: The Career and College Success course should be completed within the first two quarters. Students who transfer in 30 or more college-level credits with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher may be exempt from the Career and College Success course; see faculty advisor.
The program code for this degree is ETGMMAPT. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
The advisors for this program are:
Ross Monroe | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1944
Su Nelson | email@example.com | 425.640.1980
Department website: Engineering Technology | edmonds.edu/etec
**Program Electives Notes:
- Select courses in consultation with your advisor to complete 90 credits.
- See your advisor for approval of MFG prefix courses.
Associate of Technical Arts General Information
Program of Study Outcomes Edmonds College’s four General Education Outcomes (Communicate, Act Responsibly, Reason, and Explore) are promoted throughout the college’s programs. Instructional programs of 45 credits or more foster learning in all four General Education Outcomes.
Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college level courses.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan your schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning;
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor; and
- At least three quarters before you plan to graduate, contact any college(s) where you have earned credits and have your official transcript(s) sent to Edmonds College. Then, submit an Evaluation Request - Transfer Credits Form (available in Enrollment Services) to activate the process of transferring credits to Edmonds College.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Transferring to Another University or College
- This degree is not designed to transfer to another university or college.
- If you are interested in a four-year degree, you should discuss the need for additional requirements with an advisor from the transfer institution.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edmonds.edu/ccn for more information.
Cultural Diversity Requirement All students earning a degree or certificate of 45 credits or more must meet a cultural diversity (CD) requirement by taking at least five (5) credits of CD courses. To learn more, go to Academic Information – Cultural Diversity Requirement in the online academic catalog.