2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog 
    Jul 19, 2024  
2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Veterans’ Programs

www.edcc.edu/veterans | info@edcc.edu | 425.640.1175

Selected academic programs of study at Edmonds College are approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Board’s State Approving Agency (HECB/SAA) and the Workforce Training Education Coordinating Board (WTECB) for enrollment of persons eligible to receive educational benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code.

The Veterans Resource Center (located in Lynnwood Hall, room 215) provides information regarding eligibility requirements for educational assistance under the Post 9-11 and Montgomery GI Bills, which includes Active Duty assistance, selective reservists, survivors and dependents assistance, and the Vocational Rehabilitation Educational Program.

Veterans’ benefits may be used to complete a college certificate or degree program. With VA approval, students may also complete a high school diploma. Students are required to declare a degree program. Prior credits earned from other institutions, as well as military credits, will be evaluated.

Academic Standards

Students must meet the following requirements to remain eligible for veterans’ benefits:

  • Complete the Veteran Quarterly forms (available online or at the Veterans Resource Center),
  • Provide official transcripts to Enrollment Services for evaluation. Students will not be allowed to repeat any classes in which they received a passing grade,
  • Maintain a 2.0 grade point average, and
  • Notify the VA Certifying Official of changes in their credit load. Veterans’ benefits will discontinue if a student does not maintain satisfactory progress toward completion of his or her training objective.

Veterans Benefits and Transitions Act of 2018 VA Pending Payment Compliance

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.

This school will not:

• Prevent the students’ enrollment;

• Assess a late penalty fee to;

I. Require student secure alternative

or additional funding;

II. Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

• Produce the Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;

• Provide written request to be certified;

• Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.

Veteran’s Tuition Waiver

Edmonds College waives a portion of tuition for all eligible veterans. The Veterans Resource Center determines eligibility, but at a minimum the student must be a Washington state domiciliary and provide a copy of their DD214 showing their service and honorable discharge record. People currently serving with the National Guard may also be eligible for a tuition discount, provided they were called to active service under either Title 10 or Title 32 of the U.S. Code. Dependents of veterans who are 100 percent disabled or deceased may qualify to receive a 100 percent waiver of tuition and most fees associated with enrollment.

In-State Tuition


Honorably discharged Veterans who have lived in Washington State for less than the period required to establish residency may qualify for in-state tuition provided they meet the following requirements:

  • Separated from the uniformed services with any period of honorable service after at least 90 days on active duty.
  • Eligible for benefits under the federal all-volunteer force educational assistance program, post 9/11 veterans educational assistance act, or any other federal law authorizing educational assistance for veterans.
  • Enters an institution of higher learning in Washington within three years of the date of separation.
  • A student who is entitled to federal vocational rehabilitation and employment services for veterans with service connected disabilities under 38 U.S.C. Sec. 3102(a).
Family Members of Veterans:

A student who is a family member of a Veteran may be eligible for in-state tuition provided they meet the following requirements:

  • Entitled to Veterans Administration education benefits based on the student’s relationship as a spouse, former spouse or child of a veteran.
  • The sponsoring Veteran separated from the uniformed services with any period of honorable service after at least 90 days on active duty.
  • The student enters an institution of higher learning in Washington within three years of the sponsoring service member’s date of separation.
  • Spouses and children of service members on active duty stationed in Washington state may also qualify for temporary in-state tuition. In order to apply for in-state tuition, family members must submit to enrollment services a copy of their sponsors’ orders as well as a copy of page two of the members service record, or other documentation documenting the student’s relationship with the sponsor. A copy of the orders must be re-submitted each quarter the student wishes to apply for in-state tuition.
Family Members of 100% Disabled or Deceased Veterans:

Students who are eligible for VA educational assistance benefits based on their relationship with a service member who is deceased may qualify for in-state tuition provided:

  • The service member died in the line of duty

For more information on in-state tuition, or any other program or benefit for veterans and their family members, please contact the Veterans Resource Center located in Lynnwood Hall 215 at 425.640.1175 or visit edcc.edu/veterans.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill