Feb 07, 2023
Program Description Students will develop effective websites using HTML, client-side scripting, and server-side scripting. Specific emphasis is placed on developing interactive web pages that are used to process data from the Internet or intranets. Topics are closely aligned with industry standards and certifications, such as the Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW). This certificate requires successful completion of a minimum of 44 credits as outlined.
|Advising Note This program requirement sheet is not a substitute for meeting with an academic advisor. Meeting the requirements to graduate with an Edmonds CC certificate or degree is ultimately the responsibility of the student.
Program Requirements (44 credits)
- Build and maintain websites.
- Work with stakeholders to create websites.
- Research, assess, and appropriately apply emerging technology to support websites as needed in industry.
- Comply with the ethics related to the use of copyrighted materials and intellectual property rights.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to web development sites and pages.
- Manage career goals through creating effective resumes/CVs, developing interviewing skills, and setting goals.
The program code for this certificate is 507C. For financial aid, advising, and other reasons, students should work with their advisor to ensure that this code is properly recorded on their academic record.
- This certificate will assist students in gaining employment in a field that requires them to create and maintain both Internet and intranet websites and pages.
- Students planning to continue taking courses toward a CIS degree should plan ahead while working toward their CIS certificate. For a smooth transition from certificate to degree, students should see a CIS advisor at their earliest opportunity.
The advisor for this program can be found under the area of expertise at: edcc.edu/programs/stem/cis/contact.html
Computer Information Systems | edcc.edu/cis
Certificate General Information
Credit/Grade Requirements A minimum of 30 credits or one-third of the required college-level (100-level or above) credits, whichever is less, must be earned at Edmonds College. Students are required to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in all college-level courses.
Program of Study Outcomes Student achievement is assessed in the general and program specific outcomes via the courses and course objectives that align with those outcomes. More information about program outcomes and course objectives can be found on the Using Program Requirement Sheets page.
Students Are Advised To:
- Plan their schedule several quarters in advance in order to accommodate courses that are offered only once or twice a year;
- Review the college catalog for required course prerequisites and include these in schedule planning; and
- Communicate with an academic advisor and/or a faculty advisor.
Graduation Application A completed Graduation Application form must be submitted online by the 10th day of the quarter in which the student expects to graduate. Note: Applications for summer quarter are due by the 8th day of the quarter.
Common Course Numbering Please refer to www.edcc.edu/ccn for more information.
EPC - 507C
TC - 44
CIP - 111004
Last revised - 2020/02/19