2024-2025 Undergraduate Catalog 
    Jul 14, 2024  
2024-2025 Undergraduate Catalog

Transfer Degrees: Your Path to a Four-Year College or University

Transfer Degrees

Completing a transfer program at Edmonds Community College gives you a tremendous advantage as you work toward a bachelor’s degree. Some four-year schools, such as the University of Washington, give priority admissions to students with a two-year transfer degree. Edmonds Community College offers you several opportunities to move into a bachelor’s degree program.

Associate in Arts Degrees

Associate in Arts degrees are designed to provide students with a broad background during their first and second year of study so that they can transfer to a four-year school with standing as a junior. Our degrees follow guidelines set by the state’s Intercollege Relations Commission. Our associate degree curriculum is designed to give students a general education that transfers to four-year universities for bachelor’s degrees.

Check out your Associate in Arts Degree options .

Associate in Science-Transfer Degrees

Associate in Science-Transfer degrees are designed to prepare science and engineering majors for transfer to a four-year school with standing as a junior. All of our Associate in Science-Transfer degrees adhere to guidelines developed under the guidance of the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges. Most coursework is in mathematics, science, and engineering, but the curriculum includes additional general education requirements.

Check out your Associate in Science Degree options .

Major Related Programs

Major Related Program (MRP) pathways are transfer associate pathways outlining the appropriate courses in order for students to be well prepared to enter a major upon transfer. Major Related Program (MRP) pathways follow one of the two Washington statewide transfer agreements: the Associate in Arts DTA format or the Associate in Science-Transfer (AS-T) format.

Check out your Major Related Program options .

Associate in Applied Science-Transfer Degrees

Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) degrees are built upon the technical courses required for job preparation; however, they also include a college-level general education component, a common structure for all such degrees. The general education courses for the degrees are drawn from the distribution requirements lists for the Associate in Arts or the Associate in Science-Transfer degrees. AAS-T programs are designed to prepare graduates for jobs requiring two years of training and for bachelor’s programs that accept AAS-T degrees.

Check out your Associate In Applied Science-Transfer Options .

Ask the Experts - Consult with an Adviser

Whatever your goal, you are encouraged to meet with an adviser to plan your class schedules for current and upcoming quarters that meet the transfer requirements of the four-year college of your choice.

Special Transfer Agreements

We have special agreements with state universities to offer direct transfer degrees in diverse fields. Get the most up-to-date list of the specialized articulation agreements from the Executive Vice President for Instruction at Edmonds Community College.

A University on Our Campus and Online: Central Washington University-Lynnwood

After earning a transfer degree online or on campus from Edmonds Community College, students can continue their studies for a bachelor’s degree from Central Washington University-Lynnwood online or in Snoqualmie Hall, a shared facility on the Edmonds campus.

Online: Washington State University

Take the first two years of a four-year degree from Edmonds Community College - and the next two years from Washington State University for a seamless online degree program.

Online and On Campus: University of Washington

Students can take online or on campus classes in the day or evening at Edmonds Community College and then online or in the evening from the University of Washington. However, the final 45 credits of the bachelor’s degree must be taken in a classroom on the university’s main campus.