2024-2025 Undergraduate Catalog 
    Jul 19, 2024  
2024-2025 Undergraduate Catalog

Overview: Degrees and Certificates

Bachelor of Applied Science Degrees

The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree is a 180-credit baccalaureate degree specifically designed to build on professional-technical associate degrees that provide workplace skills, such as Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) degrees. BAS degrees include a professional core of courses from the AAS-T degree, general education credits, and upper-division courses. BAS degrees are pathways to the baccalaureate level with upper-division coursework, in applied fields, that provide expanded career opportunities for graduates and meet the needs of employers in the community.

Direct Transfer Agreement

For those who qualify, the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) gives students priority admission and general education for most Washington state universities. Students must have the AA degree, be a Washington state resident, and meet the minimum GPA for their chosen university. Students who complete this path and are accepted at a four-year university will be ready for their junior year at all public and participating private colleges.

Associate in General Studies Degree

The Associate in General Studies degree grants students academic recognition for an individually designed program of coursework. This coursework is designed for students not planning to transfer to a four-year school.

High School Diploma

Diplomas are granted for successful completion of high school diploma programs at the college. Students can earn a high school diploma through four different programs: Adult High School, Edmonds Career Access Program (EdCAP), HS+, and International High School Completion. Each program has separate admission and completion requirements. Successful completion of any one of the four programs will earn a student a high school diploma authorized by the state of Washington. Students may also earn a diploma through rules set in . In addition,  are offered for students needing an alternate credential to a high school diploma.